Greentree School: a Welcoming, Caring, Respectful & Safe School
Greentree School works with students, parents and school staff to ensure we have a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment. Students at Greentree know they belong here and everyone treats each other fairly and kindly.
Our environment promotes:
- Healthy and respectful relationships
- Mutual trust and caring
- Promotion of positive mental health
- Respect for values, rights, and responsibilities
- Opportunities to collaborate
- Clear, consistent, regularly communicated high expectations
- Consequences for inappropriate behaviour considers multiple aspects (age, maturity, circumstances)
- Support is provided to those impacted by inappropriate behaviour as well as those who engage in such behaviour
- Positive social-emotional skills are modelled by all citizens
We have started to implement a restorative justice approach to correcting behaviour and taking a step away from punishments alone.
Our policy can be viewed here: Greentree Discipline Policy.